When grandmothers refuse to eat

     It was only a few more weeks left 'till Christmas and I wondered how my grandmother would have felt after reading my history papers.
   
     I suppose she was my first nanny second only to my Mom.
     
     I remember her crinkled smiling face, her tobacco-chewing mouth. She cured my wounds with guava leaves. She boiled them before applying and she cooked and maybe helped with laundry.
     
     Maybe my sister Jo Ann remembers my Lola better. What I remember more is my Auntie's Mom.
     
     Maybe my parents were forced to get a divorce. Our neighbors thought we were too noisy.
     
     But Daddy showed by example. Mama became a Martha, trying her hardest to fit in.
     
     Maybe I was a younger Mary, silently watching.
     
     This Christmas, hopefully after the mayhem of COVID and past wars, let us try to be kind.
     
     Grandmothers might be hard of hearing, might be depressed and sinking in their thoughts.
     
     So if granny refuses to eat, try to smile gently and hand over some cheese.

Suggestions for women 53 years and older:
1. Diet by choice
    Dieting entails years of habitual eating, one can lower blood sugar by lowering intake of glucose but make sure to check your vitals as well.
2.  Use apps for Body Mass Index or body type.
3.  If you live alone, try making the most of TV shows and movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nancy Cudis talks about Her mother's unusual breakfast time tales

Where to find Good-Quality Scones and Bread on quarantine period