The Cadence of a Japanese Cheesecake



I'm extremely proud of making this Japanese Cheesecake!


            I associate Japan with discipline, harmony and completion.  Though I may be criticized for feeling proud of my first Japanese Cheesecake, I feel honored.  The process was smooth.  The cake had a rhythm.  Its elements fell into place as balance was achieved. 

            This recipe I discovered on Google.  And I simply loved Trang's site.  Her instructions were clear and calmly explained with specificity.  

            I didn't follow her recipe to the letter though.  Several modifications had to be made.  I used a 9 x 2 inch round pan.  I used full cream milk.  And the way I lined to pans were not exactly to the letter.  But that's the beauty of baking.  You can adapt!

            As a typical Filipina Mom, I have a sweet tooth.  And the final cake tasted a little bit bland.  But I know it is much healthier for most of us.  The adult members of our family loved it as is.

Peanut Butter, Guava Jelly or Cheese Pimiento: guess which was the favorite?  



            As for the younger kiddos, I prepared simple additions - peanut butter, guava jelly and cheese pimiento spread.  All were bottled and commercially bought.  

            Peanut butter was the runaway favorite among the boys.  Amazingly I tried all three spreads mushed up together - and it was delish!  

            I suggest you read through the entire article about the Japanese Cheesecake in the website.  Especially the tips she offers.  Thank you Trang!

            More photos for your enjoyment!
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nancy Cudis talks about Her mother's unusual breakfast time tales

Where to find Good-Quality Scones and Bread on quarantine period