Baby Talk

Everyday offers funny moments with my two boys goofing around.
That's me in brown with my husband Richard and our two little rascals Raffy and Ryan.


     Do you know kids are very funny? Yes, they’re funny.  They look funny.  They talk funny.  One thing funny about them is their spelling.
     My younger boy Ryan once wrote a greeting card for Mothers Day.  To Mom Happy Mother’s Day!  I love you so Humongous!  I hope you will have a beautiful day and you’re so preety! 
      He loves me so humongous!  And I am so preety! P-R-E-E-T-Y.

      Funny, right?  But it is sweet actually.


"There is never a dull moment when you have kids.    
We have humor every day."



     Raffy, my eldest also wrote me a letter.  It read, “You are the Beast Mommy in the whole wide world!”

     He should know.  He’s been to the whole wide world.  And I am the beast mommy.

      It is not only the spelling, it is their grammar too.

"What do you do inside 
when you and Daddy lock the door?  
We pray the rosary."

     One time we were making pancakes but Daddy was not helping.  I poured the flour. Ryan mixed the sugar.  But Daddy did not do anything to help.  So Ryan said "Daddy, you're so helpless!" 

     Ryan made a sign and posted it on his shelf in his room.  It read:  Pls. do not touch Mean.  What is Mean? M-E-A-N, we should not touch Mean?  He meant Me’An, our helper, who always cleans his room and rearranges stuff.  So he meant please to not touch, Me’An!  Do not touch my toys!

    I also die laughing, listening to my boys talk in their mother tongue, you know Cebuano! I have to teach them that, it is part of their school subjects.  They always get a “D” in mother tongue.

     One time, I was teaching Raffy some Cebuano words – parts of the human body.  I told him, Raffy, point to the body part when I say it in Cebuano.

Tudlo.  He points to his foot.  Baba.  He points to his mouth.  Kamot.  He points to his hand.  Mata.  He points to his butt. 

    Ibutang imong tudlo sa imong baba, ug tabuni imong mata sa imong kamot! 

     Another funny topic the boys talk about is sex.  How are babies made?  Ask your Daddy.  Where do babies come from? Ask your Daddy.  What do you do inside when you and Daddy lock the door?  We pray the rosary.

     Ryan one time told me about his classmate. "My classmate's Mom is 29 years old."  I said "Wow! so young!" He added, "She had a baby when she was in college.  And my classmate doesn't even have a Dad.  She gave birth to him like Mama Mary."







     Kids are more than funny really.  They are cute, and cuddly and sweet.  They are a treasure, they make me happy!

     Ryan, he is seven, vowed at breakfast one morning: "I will never marry. I will just buy a car and have my own house. If a girl wants to marry me I will say no.  Coz if I marry her, I will have lesser money."

      Bright kid.  I told him he should be a CPA lawyer.
    Raffy, with his cute dimples showing prominently on either side of his cheeks, gave me an endearing smile once and said, "Mommy, when I am older, I will buy you a BMW top down."  

    Oooo, wow.  BMW top down.  Raffy is nine.  I wonder how many more years till he is older. I later realized he meant those toy cars, Hotwheels.

     Raffy also said once, “When I am older Mommy, I will take care of you.”   

    “Wow! thank you my boy! (sweet hugs).  Raffy continued, “And when I have a son you take care of him Mommy.”  I will be a yaya lola.  Well, at least I will still have a job, when I am in my senior years.

     There is never a dull moment when you have kids.  We have humor every day.  My two boys are comedians!  They make me laugh.

     I'm sure you have funny moments with your kids too.  Why don't you share them here? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nancy Cudis talks about Her mother's unusual breakfast time tales

Where to find Good-Quality Scones and Bread on quarantine period