Competition

That's me with Raffy and Ryan, they're sweet 
but sometimes sibling rivalry shows its ugly head.  
But that's okay, my boys have handsome heads.




     What is the oldest profession in history?  What is the greatest sport?   Who is the greatest athlete?  Your answers are all – wrong.  The oldest profession?   Motherhood.    The greatest sport?   Motherhood.    The greatest athlete?  The Mother.

     Ladies and gentlemen, motherhood is like a competition.  The name of the game?  Sibling Rivalry.   
     
     You see, all contestants in any form of competition are no match for me as a mother.

     Being a mother is not just like being a competitor, because motherhood is also like a sport.  But in this case, a mother is not just an athlete.  Heck I am a mother I should know.  I have three boys – big boy, bigger boy and biggest boy (my husband).

     In our household, I am the athlete, the coach, the team manager and the arena - because my boys walk all over me.



     Why is a mother an athlete?   She runs after her toddlers every day.   She carries her children who vary in weight ranging from 9 pounds to 75 pounds!  That is 3 sacks of rice!

     As a mother, I also coach.  I encourage my athletes (meaning my boys) to do their utmost best.  I prepare their game plan!  I impose discipline!  Hey!  I’m also the referee whenever the big boy and bigger boy fight!        

     I am also the team manager.  I do the finances.  I am a working mother.  I search for funds.  I supply my boys with groceries every Sunday.   But the sad part is I cannot fire anyone.

     But like all team managers and team owners, I have my perks.  As a mother I can do anything I want with my boys.  I can ravage them!  Hug them to death!   I can also own their successes and be sources of my pride!

"In our household, I am the athlete, the coach, 
the team manager and the arena - 
because my boys walk all over me."

     My son Raffy had their school party and the teacher, Grace, said, “Raffy, you are the most handsome boy in the classroom.”  Aaahhh, the sense of pride.  He got his looks from me.

     Richard and I just got Ryan’s school card last week.  His teacher was all praises!  His grades were nearly all A, and did I mention he was accelerated?  He got his brains from me too.

     Yes, my friends I am the champion!  Athletes and contestants, you felt the thrill of victory in games right?  Well I feel that thrill everyday.

     I am a contestant and athlete, a coach, a referee and a team manager to my boys.  I am a mother, and there is no competition there.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nancy Cudis talks about Her mother's unusual breakfast time tales

Where to find Good-Quality Scones and Bread on quarantine period